Tuesday, November 22, 2022

1970 Velocette Thruxton recommissioning

Sent off less than two weeks ago the spare Lucas magneto is back from a full service  by Doug Wood, happy times!  This was originally a Lucas K2FC; the mag was converted into a K1FC by Jim Fraser for use on his 1969 Venom Clubman MkII. The Venom came as a "C" with a coil ignition Jim had converted it to a magneto with manual advance.  About ten or so years after I bought the MkII from Jim the magneto packed it up  and I replaced it with a spare K1FC which Doug had rebuilt for me at that time. For a few years I kept looking at Jim's old mag on the shelf and thinking that it should get sent out for a service should I need a backup. The Thruxton has become quite the motivator to me! Here's to looking forward! As always thank you Doug for such great service once again!

No comments: