Friday, March 1, 2024

Cranberry Flywheelers Ice Breaker 2024

Took a drive last Sunday morning to the Cranberry Flywheelers Ice Breaker in Hanson MA.  It's always quite peaceful going to Plymouth county in the morning and it brings back good memories for me as I would ride out to visit  my good friend Floyd Garrett, who has since passed.  A bit too cool to ride the old bike so I took the car. The lot at Ferry's was quite busy for a Sunday in fact it was almost too full! After parking at the end of the lot I walked down to the front and was greeted not by one but two Rovers this year!  Not much in the way of hit and miss engines on display but there was still things to catch your interest. Most of the morning I was busy checking out Tom's working models while the Flywheeler's had their meeting.  After the meeting was over I took a quick spin up the street and checked out Jack's collection of oddities.  Here are a few pictures from the day. 








 

2 comments:

Mike said...

Are the wooden boxes with terminals batteries or ancient coils?

Rhynchocephalian said...

They be ancient coils! some of those in the picture had been rebuilt too!